Grace and peace to you from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ! Amen.
Welcome! If you are reading this page, you’re looking for more information about who we are. Bethany Lutheran Church has described itself as a community of faith committed to “gathering people together for renewal and service.”
All people. We are young and old, cradle Lutheran and newly Christian, suburban and rural, white, black and brown, conservative and liberal, straight and gay, married and single, member and non-member, and always both saint and sinner! (click here for an excellent explanation from a Presbyterian Christian brother)
What is renewal?
- the process of starting something again after a pause
- an arrangement for something to continue for a longer period of time
- a process of improving, repairing, or making something more successful
Have you been away from church for awhile? Are you looking for a place to call home? Or maybe you are looking for a way to improve your life—healing wounds, repairing relationships, and re-defining “success”. Bethany offers vibrant worship, enriching music, an established Christian education program, an active prayer ministry, adult learning opportunities, and a caring and welcoming ministry staff. Come to Bethany and be renewed through the love of Christ!
What kind of service do you mean?
We serve others in the name of Christ, both locally and globally. Bethany is the “Downtown Church with a World View!” People gather here to serve in these ways (to name a few):
- Growing a community garden
- Hosting a PADs site (offering shelter to persons who are homeless)
- Hosting Headstart and Preschool for our community’s children
- Gathering seniors together for fellowship and food
- Caring for God’s creation through Bethany’s Green Team
- Providing space for Scout meetings in support of young people
- Partnering with churches in India and other places around the world
- Sending high school youth on mission trips to U.S. communities in need
Because we’ve been changed by the love of God shown to us in Jesus Christ!
We’re not just a social club! We’re a community of saintly sinners and transformed non-conformists, seeking to live lives of faith and integrity.
Come and see: we’ve been saving a place at the table for you.
Pastor Carrie B. Smith